Below you’ll find answers to some common questions. If you have any further inquiries, please contact us.
What will I need to be able to use MyBandTheme?
- Self hosted WordPress installation (Click to learn about hosting servers and how you can save money on hosting)
- PayPal account if you want to sell your music (Click to learn about PayPal)
If you don’t have a server, and don’t even want one, we can host your website for you.
Can you help me install the theme?
Please click the link below, which will take you to the MyBandTheme purchase page, where you’ll see the installation and hosting services we offer.
What does the hosted package include?
For the monthly hosting fee of $5, we provide the following services:
- cPanel setup (cPanel is a control center for your part of the server, including statistics, email accounts, webmail, and more.)
- We’ll install WordPress and MyBandTheme onto your account.
- 1000 MB of disk space
- 1500 MB bandwidth/month
- 5 email accounts
Upon ordering the hosted package, setup of your server space is carried out withing 24 hours.
I like the functions of the theme, but want my own design. Can you help?
If you would like a 100% totally unique layout, we can design one for you. All we’ll need is your band’s logo and musical genre, and we’ll take care of the rest.
I already have a website with lots of content, but want to convert to MyBandTheme. What should I do?
If your website is running under a different content management system, than you’ll have to import your content into the WordPress powered MyBandTheme. Moving content over is relatively easy, but it can take a bit of time, depending on how much content you have on your present website.
My video in the homepage slider is appearing in front of the dropdown navigational menu!? Is there a fix?
Wordpress is timing out when I try to upload the MyBandTheme zip file. What's up with that?
There are 2 solutions to this problem:
- Unzip the theme files, and upload them directly to the WordPress themes directory on your server. After this, you should see the MyBandTheme in your WordPress dashboard, and can activate it.
- Contact your hosting provider, tell them the problem of low PHP time-out limit, and ask them to increase it.
Thumbnails are not appearing on my site, how can I fix it?
You need to set proper server permissions on your server.
To do this, please change the folder permission to 777 on the following folder with an FTP program or cPanels file manager: wp-content/themes/myband/cache
How do I update MyBandTheme when a new release comes out?
- Log in to your server’s file system via the cPanel file manager or an FTP program.
- Delete the old “myband” directory from your WordPress installation (usually located at: /public_html/YOURDOMAINNAMEGOESHERE.COM/wp-content/themes/)
- Upload the new version of the theme. Make sure you leave the file and directory structure unchanged, otherwise the theme will not function correctly.
Also, have a look at this step-by-step tutorial on updating MyBandTheme.